« Home | I got the Rollie on my arm, and I'm pouring Chando... » | Small talk » | Washin' The Dog » | Question: » | Peter Jennings » | » | Sorry it's been a while since I've written anythin... » | My milkshake... » | » | My other car is 24 »

The Cubs

Right now the Cubs are on their second 8-game skid of the year going into a series against the winningest team in the NL.

Now, despite what my lovely and wonderful girlfriend may think, I actually do cheer for the Cubs. I watched every game in the 2003 NLDS, and celebrated with everyone else. I was jam-packed into the Ginger Man for the NLCS - right in the middle of it. I yelled obscenities at the TV when Bartman knocked that ball, just like everyone else. I called my mom to tell her to just let the machine pick up when the Cubs won the pennant, just so she could hear first hand the mayhem that was to ensue in Wrigleyville. And the Cubs disappointed in the end.

But admittedly, I am not originally from Chicago. My dad used to take me to Brewers games as a kid, and I can still name the 89 lineup. So I am not a "true" Cubs fan, I suppose. But I like to see them do well.

Of course, the first team I really had the chance to spend time with here was the Sox. For $10 I could spend a Monday and Tuesday in the bleachers of the Cell. I ate polish sausages, watched fireworks, and chanted O-E-O-Maaaaglio.

So I root for both teams. Being from central Wisconsin, where it was a 3 hour drive just to see a ballgame, I would've killed to have 2 different teams to see in the same city. I guess I don't get the animosity.

Anyhow, I'm rambling. Now, I may not be a "true" Cubs or Sox fan, but I am a true Packer fan, and when they're doing poorly, I'm the first one to demand the head of the coaching staff, or the players, or... well, just about anyone who isn't Favre. I think fans deserve to be the most critical of their teams. So in case there's still true Cubs fans who haven't caught on...

The Cubs blow.

Not in general, mind you. Just the past couple years. They are not a good team.

I'm not saying this to be a dick or to rub it in. It's not like I'm saying "the Rockies blow" when everyone already knows it.

I'm saying it because they suck, and they shouldn't. That's disappointing.

This should be even more disappointing to true Cubs fans, because on paper the Cubs have a starting pitching staff that should be BY FAR the best in both leagues. You've got a first baseman who is a viable MVP candidate. And yet the Cubs can't win. Moreover, they lose by stupid mistakes and by walking in the winning run.

Someone's gotta be accountable. Maybe everyone should be. I think if the Cubs have to go on another 8 game skid just to get this club to make some drastic changes, so be it.

Either Dusty has to go, or most of the team should.

Here's what I would do:

1) Trade Kerry Wood while you can still get more than a bag of balls for him. He will be worth nothing in a year. the guy is only good when he's throwing at full strength, which gets him injured every damn season. And yes, he'll still be on the DL for half the year as a reliever.

2) Fire the pitching coaches. They can't keep anyone healthy. Something is wrong there.

3) Get rid of whomever you need to (minus Lee and Garciaparra) for a decent closer, solid hitters, and guys who can play defense.

Clean house. The Cubs owe it to the fans. Even the retards at Hi-Tops.

The Cubs need tough love.

You're definitely loosing some points with this one...

To admit this in writing...

Have fun during football season!

I admire your courage man, there are a bunch of Cub fans that would lynch you for this one. I, on the other hand, just giggle...

Yeah, I should forward this to the boys...

I'd actually be interested to hear what they had to say. I mean, does everyone honestly think that the current team is fantastic and no one should be fired even though they're in 4th place and well under .500?

Regardless, we always still love the Cubs. Those statistics are what being a Cubbies fan is all about.

Thank you!
[url=http://utrjbviy.com/xrez/sxlw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fawccphm.com/cmho/zxly.html]Cool site[/url]

Nice site!
http://utrjbviy.com/xrez/sxlw.html | http://uvebxvtv.com/stmd/sota.html

Nice site!
http://utrjbviy.com/xrez/sxlw.html | http://uvebxvtv.com/stmd/sota.html

Good design!
[url=http://vkosuvuz.com/bklz/unik.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zhspzmjt.com/niaz/guex.html]Cool site[/url]

Post a Comment