« Home | Peter Jennings » | » | Sorry it's been a while since I've written anythin... » | My milkshake... » | » | My other car is 24 » | Which one of these is a sillier premise for a movi... » | I saw this in the supermarket last night and I had... » | Just because... » | Welcome »

Question:

If you were provided a pit identical to the ones that Jiffy Lube uses, as well as a place to discard used oil, would you change your own oil?

My latest entrepreneurial scheme is to start a self-service oil change place. I can't stand spending $30 at Jiffy Lube for a service that a dimwitted monkey could perform - but I do it, simply because I have no room to store ramps and no place to safely discard oil. Now if someplace provided these two things, and let you use them for a reasonable fee (probably just tacked on to the price of the 4 quarts of oil), would you take advantage of this?

My slogan would be "Real Men Change Their Own Oil". Cuts to the quick - makes Jiffy Lube customers feel emasculated.

My feedback on this so far has been positive. Not only do people seem to like this idea, but they also seem to share their stories of being f'd over by Jiffy Lube. So there appears to be a market.

This already seems better than my idea for a bar called Makeout Party and my idea for Gay chapstick combined.

Only if it can be called Jen's Oil Pit.

First of all, Jen you may want to reconsider that name.
Secondly I think this is a great idea, and I would utilize this place, but only if I could upsell to myself.

Post a Comment