« Home | » | Sorry it's been a while since I've written anythin... » | My milkshake... » | » | My other car is 24 » | Which one of these is a sillier premise for a movi... » | I saw this in the supermarket last night and I had... » | Just because... » | Welcome » | Jen »

Peter Jennings

Peter Jennings died. In his obit on Yahoo, the two adjectives used to describe him are "urbane" and "Canadian-born". It seems odd to me that when it is necessary to sum up a man's worth in 2 words, his accomplishments are trumped by the fact that he came out of his mom's girly-parts on Canuck soil.

I don't even know what "urbane" means. But I could think of a lot of good words they could have used instead of that. For example; influential, worldly, intuitive, good, sexy, canadian (oh, shit), nice-looking, pleasant speaking, well-read, good.
Those are good ones huh. You see what a good vocabulary I have?

I am not funny anymore.

Being Canadian pretty much trumps the achievements of most people living today. It's just a fact.

Post a Comment