« Home | Jen » | Natalie » | Paul Hornung at » | Our first »

Welcome

Welcome to my blog.


God, if that doesn't sound stupid. But I suppose it's necessary.

I feel obliged to write stuff now that I'm officially linked to other people's blogs. A couple days ago I got Megan hooked on this blogging stuff, and she seems to be loving it so far. It's the least I could do after burning her pancakes.

I guarantee I will have interesting things to say for those of you brave enough to keep tuning in. The only thing interesting that has happened to me so far today is that I parked my car next to a van with a bullet hole in the side door this morning. Also, this morning I dreamed that I stole a ridiculously large TV from Best Buy by hooking it onto my trailer hitch, and Best Buy was coming after me despite my remorse and intentions of returning it.

I was in New York recently, and on the flight back I was thinking about how cool it would be if by some freak occurence you could hear the thoughts of the person sitting next to you through those headphones that they give you to plug into your armrest. Like, Channel 9 is the pilot's air-tower chatter, Channel 10 is classical music, Channel 11 is the thoughts of the person sitting next to you. Then I thought what if, after the initial elation of making this discovery, you learn that the person sitting next to you has terribly boring, if not unlistenable thoughts. Would this be more or less disappointing than watching the Cubs lose the NLCS?

Would hearing thoughts include hearing dreams, since most of the time, the person next to me on the plane is sleeping? Except last night, he liked me and bought me beer. I love drinking on planes. Anyway, thanks for the pancakes on Saturday!

Hmm... I suppose it would include dreams, which would make it probably that much more disappointing if it was boring. My dreams are usually infinitely more interesting than my real life. Real life doesn't afford me the opportunity to go riding in a spaceship with John Ritter.

I feel very privlidged that you included Megan into your intro post. And don't worry those pancakes were not burned just merely darkend due to sitting in a hot pan for a little too long.
I like how you also promised that you would have interesting things for me to read on here. I could never promise that because usually things that interest me are to no interest to others, like how I think that bacon goes with just about everything.

My name is Andy and I am Dan's friend who lives in Texas. Last night my wife had a dream that our dog gave birth to a human baby and we buried it in the backyard in a plastic box.

Post a Comment