« Home | Sox game » | Arne is full » | Cubs game » | The Cubs » | I got the Rollie on my arm, and I'm pouring Chando... » | Small talk » | Washin' The Dog » | Question: » | Peter Jennings » | »

Documentaries

Jen has one o' them fancy Blockbuster Online accounts, and she lets me pick out some movies that I want to see. I'm not much of a movie buff - I enjoy watching all of the Oscar movies in the winter, but I don't have much of a desire to see summer blockbusters or mediocre comedies. I do really like documentaries. I don't know what it is about non-fiction that piques my curiousity, but it just does.

Inversely, Jen claims she has never seen a documentary. So she picked one that could be of interest to both of us. It was a documentary of the life of Anne Frank. It was boring as hell. Unfortunately, now I think she's got the idea that all documentaries are just close-ups of old pictures and boring interviews with a bunch of talking heads. And that's just not true.

So we have this one at home now, and from what I hear, it's very moving and unforgettable. It follows this trial as it's going on, so it's not just a bunch of boring people talking about history. I'd like to see if it redeems the documentary genre for Jen, so perhaps I could introduce her to some of the other good documentaries like Hoop Dreams, Supersize Me, Paradise Lost, Roger & Me, and Hearts & Minds, but I guess I'm watching this one alone. Any ideas on how I can convince her that she may actually enjoy this one? ...I mean, besides this blog entry, which she has just read.

Although from what I hear, they show a live pig being slaughtered in this one. I'm guessing she won't dig that too much. Can't be anymore insufferable than watching Brittany Murphy act like a lunatic for 90 minutes, I reckon.

dont show her super size me, she likes french fries too much.

Ooh, you're right... good thinking.

How about you watch it and tell me if it was good?

Unless you want to go to lotion night tonight at my mom's house. I might be willing to compromise but I doubt you're interested. Does anyone else want to go with me tonight?

I don't like the word lotion

Post a Comment