« Home | » | Documentaries » | Sox game » | Arne is full » | Cubs game » | The Cubs » | I got the Rollie on my arm, and I'm pouring Chando... » | Small talk » | Washin' The Dog » | Question: »

Dislikes

Megan had a good post recently about people's dislikes, or "pet peeves", if you will (which I won't, because the phrase "pet peeve" is in itself a pet peeve of mine, and oddly enough, so is the phrase "if you will"). I couldn't really think of anything that always bugs me that day, but I finally came up with something:

Sleeveless sweaters.

I've seen these on women in the past few years and I can't stand them. Sweaters are worn to keep you warm in winter. Sleeveless apparel is worn to keep you cool in summer. These two do not mix for a reason. It's like wearing open-toed rain boots. It doesn't make sense. Unless there are people out there who have very cold torsoes but unusually warm appendages. I would think such a condition would require medical attention, however. I can't take you seriously if you are wearing a sleeveless sweater.

I also can't stand the poncho trend.

Ladies, evidently if you want to be trendy and attractive to men here's how you do it:

1. Cut a hole in the middle of your throw rug.
2. Wear it.

I also dislike tube-tops, but does anyone really wear those outside of college? The sexy factor of a tube top is immediately destroyed by the fact that girls who wear them look like they're doing the chicken dance because they have to pull the top up by its sides every 30 seconds.

I dislike other things than ladies fashions, I reckon, but once I get on a roll it's hard to stop.

Also, I dislike the word "smoothie".

Okay, I sort of have a shirt like one of the ones you hate. That's funny- I wonder if you hate it.

Have you ever heard the sound that mascara makes when you go in and out of the bottle? My friend Ellie hates that sound!

I love talking about dislikes

Do you dislike the word smoothie when it is an actual smoothie or do you dislike it when it is used improperly; " Dude, that guy just pulled a smoothie on you."

I used to work at a Fuddruckers where I'd have to announce over th eloudspeaker when someone's "smoothie" was ready. It doesn't really roll off the tongue. Plus it sounds like a baby word.

That's really my pet peeve - ordering food that has a goofy title. At Applebees once they had something called a "N'awlins Skillet". I want to order that, but I don't want to say "N'awlins". I will say "New Orleans". Please don't force me to talk like a retard to order food from you.

Jamba Juice does that too - "I would like an Orange A-Peel with a Protein 'Boost', please."

I'm going to create a restaurant with good food that's all titled with baby talk. "Waiter, I'd like the Pasketti with Meatbulbs and a glass of wawa, and also a side of the Flibbledy-Floop."

What does 'pulling a smoothie' mean?

Post a Comment