« Home | Mullet Night » | Sick » | American Gothic » | This is my niece Elizabeth in her costume. » | » | Poll » | I can't seem to win at this game. I guess I gotta... » | Canada Fishing Trip » | Dislikes » | »

Brother, can you spare some stock options?

Yesterday, as Jen and I were walking over to the bowling alley, a homeless man on the sidewalk asked for change, and then added "I'm a democrat."

At first I thought maybe this guy was on to something - he took a gamble and played the odds, knowing that 20-somethings in Chicago were likely left-leaning, possibly enough to stir up some kind of feeling of brotherhood that would prompt a gift of pocket change. And as a 20-something left-leaning Chicagoan, he had me pegged correctly. I initially found this impressive.

But then I thought, "well, no shit you're a Democrat."

I could be wrong, but I doubt there are many homeless Republicans. I've never seen a homeless man calling for sweeping welfare reform. "I'm tired of people like me living off of hard-working people like you!"

So I created this in his honor:



I would definitely give money to a guy who had that sign and then shouted out things like "I smell like alcohol!" and "I'm missing my teeth!" and "This package of fish sticks does not make a good pillow!"

I think that's my main problem with the homeless. They're just not clever.