« Home | White Sox » | I'm sick of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie » | Starbucks mix » | 3-in-one » | Drunk hugs on Megan's birthday » | » | » | Brother, can you spare some stock options? » | Mullet Night » | Sick »

Elizabethtown

I'm getting excited for this movie.

Cameron Crowe is definitely my favorite filmmaker. He has a new film about once every four years, but each one has been worth the wait. He's the guy responsible for Lloyd Dobler holding up the boombox, Penny Lane saying "What kind of beer?", and Dorothy Boyd saying "You had me at 'hello'".

I realize that these are not the most macho of movies. I guess essentially they're "romantic comedies" or whatever, but they're really well done and moving without being sappy button-pushers or overly female-oriented.

Not that there's a big problem with those movies, but having been dragged to enough romantic comedies through the years, you'd think someone besides Cameron Crowe would be able to think up a love story that appeals to men as well, since we make up half of the audience in these movies. Instead, we end up sitting next to a girl who wishes she was dating Christian Slater, and we're secretly wishing for his damn baboon heart to give the hell out already.

So I guess when someone does it right, I tend to really enjoy those movies. Say Anything and Almost Famous will always be in my top 5.

Unless the new Police Academy movie ends up being super awesome...

you may make up half the audience, but if you are out with a date, who is the one usually picking the movie? I'm going to go with the chick, hence the over abundance of chick flicks.

Post a Comment