« Home | 3-in-one » | Drunk hugs on Megan's birthday » | » | » | Brother, can you spare some stock options? » | Mullet Night » | Sick » | American Gothic » | This is my niece Elizabeth in her costume. » | »

Starbucks mix

Starbucks had this novel idea where they ask respected musicians what other artists' songs inspire them and why, then they make a mix CD of the songs and sell them.

It made me think that if I was asked what songs inspired me, or the songs that I think transcend the realm of pop music into something greater, what would I choose?

Here's my list so far, in no particular order:

"Flamenco Sketches" - Miles Davis
"Operator" - Jim Croce
"Houses On The Hill" - Whiskeytown
"Track One" - Sigur Ros
"Fairytale of New York" - The Pogues
"Unsatisfied" - The Replacements
"America" - Simon & Garfunkel
"The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" - The Band
"You Don't Know Me" - Ray Charles
"Purple Rain" - Prince

What would yours look like?

You know those fuckers at the gap did the same thing?

Mine would be pure disco;
Bee Gees: Night Fever
Bee Gees: How Deep is your Love
Bee Gees: Saturday Night Fever:
Bee Gees: I just want to be your Everything
Bee Gees: More than a Woman or as I like to call it Bald Headed Woman

Post a Comment